• production of sulphanole, synthetic rubbers, phenol, polyvinylchloride resin, ethylene diamine, sodium hypochloride. It is also used for production of goods belonging to dye-making and dye-using industries and also paint and coatings industry, production of plastic materials, chemical agents, chemical photographic industry products and household chemicals production;
• mineral fertilizers production;
• it is applied in petroleum refining and petrochemical industries for oil refining and gas liquefaction, for production of diesel oil, lubricating oils, paraffin, ethylene and ethylbenzene.
GOST 2263-79 rev. 1, 2
Synonyms: caustic soda, sodium hydroxide, solid caustic, sodium hydrate.
Empirical formula: NaOH
Toxicological substance hazard category: II
National product classification code: 21 3200
FEACN Code:2815 12 0000
№ UN: 1824
№ Cas: 1310-73-2
- production of sulphanole, synthetic rubbers, phenol, polyvinylchloride resin, ethylene diamine, sodium hypochloride. It is also used for production of goods belonging to dye-making and dye-using industries and also paint and coatings industry, production of plastic materials, chemical agents, chemical photographic industry products and household chemicals production;
- mineral fertilizers production;
- oil refining and gas liquefaction, production of diesel oil, lubricating oils, paraffin, ethylene and ethylbenzene for petroleum refining and petrochemical industries;
- in pulp-and-paper industry for cooking and bleaching of all kinds of pulping, for production of paper, cardboard, fiberboard, etc;
- in food industry for production of plant oils and fatty acids;
- production of soap and perfume and beauty products;
- production of jersey, linen, silk and cotton fabrics for consumer goods industry;
- etching and degreasing for mechanical industry, machine tool and instrument making industries, electrotechnical and radio engineering industries and metal finishing;
- it is applied for water treatment as a reagent for coagulation, stabilized preparation, degreasing, softening and demineralization of water.
|RD, superior grade|
|1. Physical configuration||Colorless or dyed fluid. The presence of crystallized residual is acceptable.|
|2. Sodium hydroxide mass content, %, min:||46,0|
|3. Sodium chloride mass content, %, min:||3,0|
|4. Sodium carbonate mass content, %, min:||0,6|
|5. Ferrum mass content calculated as ferric oxide, %, max:||0,007|
|6. Sodium chlorate mass content, %, max||0,25|
Note: impurities content is indicated in equivalent to a 100% product.
Storage conditions: technical sodium hydroxide is stored in sealed containers resistant to alkalies. Packaged product is stored in unheated storage premises.
Guaranteed storage life: 12 months.
Certification: sodium hydroxide was given the sanitary and epidemiological inspection report. According to the report the product may be applied with hot water supply systems. The product is registered in the potentially hazardous chemical and biological substances register of Russia.
Package: rail tank cars, road tankers, consumer containers.
Transportation: railroad, automobile and water transport.
Warning sign drawing number according to GOST 194433-88: 8
Classification Code according to GOST 194433-88 8212
Substance amount (gross amount) for a transportation unit not subjected to some of the requirements of ADR, kg 100
Packing group: 2