• ethyl silicate is applied as a primary component of bonding solutions used for ceramic molds production in the process of precision casting;
• ethyl silicate is applied as binding component for heat-proof, chemically stable and weather-resistant finishes. It is also used to obtain a firm solid heat-proof and corrosion-resistant material which cannot be dissolved in water after alkaline hydrolysis and baking;
• it is applied as a binding material for production of dental prosthesis;
• it is applied for wood impregnation, making wood resistant to bacteria influence;
• ethyl silicate is used for improving the quality of rosin varnish;
• it is applied for dehydrated skin tanning in tanning industry.
Oligoethoxysiloxane homogeneous mixture.
GOST 26371-84 rev. 1,2
Empirical formula: C₂H₅O-[-Si(OC₂H₅)₂O-]m-C₂H₅
Toxicological substance hazard category: IV
National product classification code: 24 3574
No. UN: type А - 1292
|Superior grade||First grade|
|1. Optical density at the wave length no more than:|
|• 400 Nm||0,5||1,4|
|• 670 Nm||0,1||0,3|
|2. Silicic acid anhydride mass content, %||40-42||38-42|
|3. Tetraethoxysilane mass content, %||10-15||10-15|
|4. Density at 20ºС, g/cm³||1,05-1,07||1,04-1,07|
|5. Gelatinization duration, min.||180-280||180-280|
|6. Chlorine hydride mass content, %, no more than:||0,02||0,05|
|7. Ethyl hydroxide mass content, %, no more than:||1,5||1,5|
Note: first grade products may contain a small amount of mechanical impurities.
Storage conditions: ethyl silicate -40 must be stored in storage premises packaged in steel sealed reservoirs kept in barrels placed in unheated premises or under a shelter at a maximum temperature of 30ºС (the temperature must not exceed 30ºС).
Guaranteed storage life: 12 months.
Package: rail tank cars, containers, steel barrels.
Transportation: by railway or automobile transport.
Warning sign drawing number according to GOST 194433-88: 3 - type А.
Classification code of dangerous freight по GOST 194433-88: 3313 - type А, when transported by railway transport: 3013 – type А.
Packing group: 3